iCrimp® IWS-0822 Wire Stripper AWG 8-22, 6.7″ Length
IWS-0822 Wire Stripper and Cutter Detail:
- Compound action wire stripping: grip and strip via single action squeezing motion.
- Remove up to 1″(24mm) in length of the insulation layer (jacket layer) in a single step.
- Tension loaded wire-grip gently holds the cable in place while retaining the cable geometry.
- Cast alloy chassis with heavy-duty Ecoat finish for corrosion resistance and durability.
Stranded Wires: AWG 22-10
Solid Wires: AWG 20-8
Cutting range: Max AWG 10
CUT AND STRIP WIRE WITH EASE!
STRIPPING AWG 8-22 WIRE
- Place the wire perpendicular to the appropriate gauge cutting knives.
- Extend the edge of the wire to the desired strip depth ( not to exceed 1”), extending from the edge of the cutting knives.
- Quickly squeeze the handles together-the knives will engage and remove the insulation layer ( insulation jacket), exposing the bare wire.
- Upon completion of the strip cycle, release the handles and the jaws will open, releasing the stripped wire.
NOTE: For clear nylon-jacket conductors, two activations are required.
- Always clean the tool and remove insulation debris after each operation to ensure proper operation.
- Periodically inspect and tighten cutting knives/blades to ensure proper cutting action.
- Proper lubrication of this tool is very important. Lack of lubrication can greatly reduce the life of the tool.
- Lubricating oil should be applied at regular intervals to all pivot points and moving parts.