PEX-A Expansion Tool Kit with 1/2 in., 3/4 in. and 1 in. Expander Heads
IWS-1960R Auto Rotation Expansion Tool
- Kit includes convenient custom-molded carrying case, tool, three expander heads and grease
- Expands type A PEX pipe for insertion of ASTM F1960 expansion-style fittings
- Includes everything needed to make 1/2 in. – 1 in. PEX-a connections
- Steel construction for superior reliability and strength
- Metal frame and gear mechanisms ensure the utmost durability
- Go/no-go gauges are never required
- Compatible with most cold expansion-style tools
F1960 cold-expansion fittings make solid, permanent, manufactured connections without the need for torches, glues, solder, flux or gauges. The unique shape memory of crosslinked polyethylene (PEX-a) tubing forms a tight seal around the fitting, creating a strong, reliable connection.
General Connection Tips
- If the fitting does not slide into the tubing all the way to the stop, immediately remove it from the tubing and expand the tubing one final time.
- To avoid over-expanding the tubing, do not hold the tubing in the expanded position.
- Experience, technique and weather conditions influence the actual number of expansions. Fewer expansions may be necessary under certain conditions. The correct number of expansions is the amount necessary for the tubing and the shoulder of the fitting to fit snugly together.