A crimper is a handheld tool that can cut, strip and conjoining a connector with a cable. It is a highly vital tool for the people who have to deal with networks and computers frequently. Therefore, if you are in search of the best crimping tools than it is the article you are looking for! Why? Because today I am going to share the reviews of best crimping tools and some essentials tips for buying the ultimate one for you.
As crimpers are one of the most popular tools in the market that is handy as well, so, finding the best wire crimper is entirely severing. Out there you will find lots of models with different features and quality. Getting confused is easy.
Well, to remove your pain on the ass the solution is here. Read out carefully. Hope this will help you to find the best one from the market. Let’s start!
Editor’s Top Pick Best Crimping Tools 2019
|Channellock Crimping Tool|
|SharkBite 23251 PEX Crimp Tool|
Best Crimping Tools: Reviews of 2019
Finding the best options is a tough task. After a couple of sleepless nights, I manage this list. Whatever, I don’t think any crimpers have the ability to challenge these 10! Look at their reviews you will understand by yourself!
IWISS Crimping Tools
If you are searching for the best wire crimping tool or crimper for your connecting activities, this IWISS Dupont Professional Pin Compression Crimper Tool can be the ultimate choice for you. It comes in three different sizes to accommodate different size wires and pin.
This one can be suitable for Dupont professional pins, JST type connectors, ATX power connectors, Molex IDE power connectors, EPS, PCIE and SATA power pins and so many others. It is super easy to use and a great product for the price.
- It has a crimping capacity of about 0.1-1.0 mm for 2.54mm and 3.96mm for KF2519 connectors
- Lightweight yet perfectly well made
- Perfect for Dupont professional pins, JST type connectors, ATX power connectors, Molex IDE power connectors, EPS, PCIE and SATA power pins
- Has wire-electrode cutting dia sets included that provide a high exactitude crimping result
- Easy to operate
- Best for the money
Titan Tools 11477 Ratcheting Wire Terminal Crimper
For beast-like performance yet at a reasonable price Titan Tools 11477 Ratcheting Wire Terminal Crimper is the ultimate choice. It designed with ratcheting mechanism design and adjustable crimping compression that makes it incomparable.
Therefore, this ratchet crimping tool has a comfortable grip, and it made with sturdy steel jaw that has color coded wire size. So, the performance and durability are unquestionable. It is the best wire crimping tool and very easy to operate. It is very reasonable, and jaws are changeable as well.
- Comes with ratcheting mechanism design
- Has adjustable crimping compression
- Color coded steel jaw
- Red for 22-18AWG-DIN 0.5-1.0mm
- Blue For 16-14AWG-DIN 1.5-2.5mm
- Yellow for 12-10AWG-DIN 4-6mm
- Have sturdy jaws
- Strongly made
IWISS XH2.54/3.96,PH2.0,PX,KK254,JST,Molex,Dupont, Terminal Crimping Tool
IWISS Terminal Crimping Tool is another fantastic model for the money. It comes with wire electrical discharge machining a jaws with perfect polishing that ensures performance and durability.
This electrical crimping tool amazingly designed model can reduce human effort in about 50 percent. It is extremely lightweight and simple to use. For ultimate crimping performance, this one has no exception.
- Comes with Electrical Discharge Machining cutting jaws
- Can reduce about 50 percent human effort while crimping
- To provide high-quality crimping, it includes precise crimping die sets and integral lock
- Has self-releasing mechanism
- It provides accurate adjustment facility as well
- Comes with perfect hand grasping position
- Made with light and compact structure
- Easy to handle
- Works flawlessly with XH.2.54/3.96, PH2.0, PX, KK254, JST, Molex, Dupont, Terminal, etc.
Channellock 909 Crimping Tool with Cutter
For the ultimate performance yet in a very decent design The Channellock 909 Crimping Plier is a perfect choice. It offers the greatest performance at a reasonable price. Therefore, it is ideal for both insulated and non-insulated solderless connections and terminals with a heat-treated matching edge.
This crimping plier designed high carbon C1080 steel that ensures superior performance, and it also features an iconic blue handle that is super comfortable as well.
- Designed with high carbon C1080 steel
- Provides utmost performance
- Has iconic blue comfortable handle
- Ability to cut crimps 10-22 AWG wire
- Ideal for both insulated and non-insulated solderless connections and terminals
- Features leaser heat treated edges
- Made in the USA
SharkBite 23251 1/2 Inch, 3/4 Inch PEX Crimping Tool
Searching for the best crimping tools may end in here with this SharkBite 23251 PEX Crimp Tool that comes with rugged steel construction. However, the durability is fantastic, and it ensures no loose components as well.
The Sharkbite Pex Crimp Tool offers to conjunction with PEX tubing and copper crimp rings. It works great, and it is best crimp tool for the money as well.
- Made with rugged steel construction
- No loose components included
- Crimps has two different size
- Extremely durable
- Easy to use and operate
Astro 9477 Professional Quick Interchangeable Ratchet Crimping Tool Set
Meet another best crimping tool in the market that is known as Astro 9477 Professional Ratchet Crimping Tool set. It is a Time-saving tool that provides faster crimping of terminals and wire. Therefore, it is easy to operate with both left and right hand.
The handle is ergonomic and made with rubber grip for superior comfort. It includes six different dies for various applications.
- Comes with 6 different dies for different purposes
- Has comfortable rubber gripped ergonomic handle
- Provides faster crimping experience
- The build quality is expendable
- Can be operated with left or right hand
- It is a time saver
S&G Tool Aid 18900 Professional Ratcheting Terminal Crimper
If you are looking for a solid crimping tool at an exquisite price point for crimping insulated connectors, then the S&G Tool Aid 18900 professional is what you want. It is extremely solid made. It can crimp 10 to 22 gauge wires.
Therefore, it has ratcheting action that ensures a perfect crimp every single time. Grab it and enjoy your crimping time!
- Perfectly reliable made tool at a high price
- Provides incredibly incredible crimps on insulated connectors
- It can crimps about 10-22 gauge wire
- Has good ratcheting action that ensures a perfect crimp every time
- The crimper has 3 different channels
- Makes your job effortless
- The jaws are replaceable
Platinum Tools 100054C Clamshell EZ-RJPRO HD Crimp Tool
The Platinum Tools 100054C Clamshell EZ Crimp Tool is the best crimping tool for the professionals. It features zero flex frames that prevent torque loss, and it also provides 360-degree connector support during crimp.
Therefore, it includes built in cutter and stripper for both flat and round shaped cable and patented crimp and trim system provides clean trim performance.
However, it is one of the most outstanding additions to the list of best wire crimpers that comes at a very reasonable price range. The durability is like a dream and operating it is tremendously easy as pie.
- Comes with zero flex frame that prevents torque loss
- Includes die hard assembly that provides 360-degree connector support
- Ensures clean and ultra flush trim
- Has built in cutter and stripper
- Suitable for both flat and round shaped cable
- Features laser mark for accurate wire sequence
- Designed with patented crimp and trim system for all EZ connectors
- Made with all metal material, so durability is long enough
Klein Tools J1005 Crimping and Cutting Tool
Meet the ultimate crimping tools known as Klein Tools J1005 Journeyman Crimping Tool. It is perfect that is designed to crimp insulated and non-insulated both at the same time.
It comes with tapered nose design and has contoured thumb area that provides additional comfort and professional working feelings.
- Specially constructed to crimp both insulated and non-insulated 10 to 22 AWG solderless terminals and connectors
- Comes with tapered nose design for working in confined spaces
- Contoured thumb area for additional comfort and positive feel
- Features hardened cutter
- Has hot-riveted joint that ensures smooth action and no handle wobble
Crimping and Cutting Tool for Insulated and Non-Insulated Terminals
The best thing about Klein Tool 1005 Crimping and Cutting Tool is the low price! It comes at a very reasonable price range with extraordinary performance. However, it is super easy to use, and it is sufficient for both insulated and non-insulated solderless terminals and connector.
The product is especially well made and has specially hardened wire cutter. It also has tapered nose design that ensures confined spaces.
- It is a 9-3/4 inch Crimper Tool
- Super easy to use
- It features Crimping die marked for insulated and non-insulated solderless terminals and connector
- Tapered nose design for working in confined spaces
- Comes with hardened wire cutter in nose
- Features Hot-riveted joint for smooth action
- no handle wobble
That’s the reviews of best-crimping tools 2019. Now pick the best wire crimpers wisely and make your work effortless!
Ultimate Buying Guide for Best Crimping Tools
Though you already read the reviews of best crimping tools but don’t mean you just pick one randomly. Well, you have to invest your money, so why not on the best?
To find the best crimping tool you have to read some features that every best crimper should have. Otherwise, you may make the worst deal.
Whatsoever, I am here with the things you should know before purchasing a crimping tool. Read this section carefully and then go for the deal.
Purpose of Use a Crimping Tool
Before going to buy, consider the use of the crimping tool. Why should you need a crimping tool? What can a crimping tool do? A crimper can cut, strip and join connectors with different cables. Mostly, those who work with network cables, computers or technicians use a crimper tool. Now select the best crimping tool according to your job purpose.
Size does matter
While purchasing another important factor is to look for the size. You will find various sized crimpers for different uses. Therefore, mostly crimpers come with a magnitude of 4, 6 and 8 positions connectors. Pick the best crimper tool according to your need.
How to operate
For the beginners, it is essential to look carefully at the operating procedure. If you are a beginner, you don’t want to deal with a robust operating system crimping tool. Mostly latest model comes with comfortable using facilities.
Warranty and Budget
Different types of crimpers have the different price range. It depends on the quality and performance. For maximum performance, you have to invest a bit more. However, go for a well-known brand is the wiser decision. Already those crimpers aren’t much expensive so, why should you need to invest on the worst.
Look for the warranty as well. See whether they provide any warranty or not. If they offer any warranty, then see how to apply for the guarantee facility and how much time this warranty will last.
A best crimping tools can make life easier; there is no confusion on that. But for the most performance, you have to pick one that suited your work correctly. Therefore, you will find some models that are cheap and doesn’t last for long. My suggestion is to go with the well known brand. Invest today and save tomorrow!
Lastly, using any tool is a bit risky. Any accidents can happen. So, while working with a crimper, I strongly suggest you work with proper care.
That’s all for today; we will meet again with some other essential tools reviews soon. Don’t forget to share your opinion with tools idea team. And for any information openly ask in the comment section.
Stay safe! Thank You 🙂